Friday 23 November 2012

I'm almost a celebrity........... :P

Well not really, but I suppose an interview on local radio, BBC local radio in fact, is another step in the path to becoming one.  As long as I never have to eat bits of Ostrich I'll be fine!

Off we (Carol Bevitt and myself that is) went to BBC Radio Nottingham to promote the One Word Anthology and I have to say it was great fun.  For a start Gareth Evans was lovely, and he got my surname right on the first try, which is actually harder than it sounds and not many people actually do!

He made us feel right at home and I think we managed to cover everything about the book and the charity, so it all made for a successful day.

Of course at the quiz last night it was mentioned and I got some serious leg pulling about being a local celebrity - you know when I make my millions I will remember you all!!!

It got me thinking about how diverse we all are and how one word can inspire so many different stories and poems, but I will cover that in my next blog as there is a dog stood here panting wanting a walk and a pile of ironing calling my name.  I think the family should do everything naked for the next week to give me a chance to catch up!!

No comments: